Thursday, December 04, 2008

The real reason why the carmakers are failing

After my most recent experience with GMs warranty plan, I think I've figured out why the CEOs of the Big 3 are in Washington begging for money.

GM doesn't stand behind their car parts. I just had my car in to get the stereo replaced for the second time, which means that I'm on my 3rd stereo and my car is only 4 years old. And since I got the stereo replaced in 2006 and it started doing the same thing again a couple of weeks ago. So I take the car in to the service department and they tell me that it's going to cost $100 to get my stereo repaired, which is ridiculous because apparently even a stereo has a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty. However, if they were producing quality parts that didn't need to be replaced constantly, then it'd be less of a problem. Hell, even if the individual dealership decided to waive the deductible it'd be happier. But, luckily I had enough rewards points that it only cost me $45 to have it replaced.

But then, the mechanic that was replacing my stereo forget to press eject before taking out the stereo. So when I got to pick up my car and pressed the CD button and the CD player was empty and I checked the case and that was empty as well. So, I said something, and surprise surprise, the CD is still stuck in the CD player and will now have to go to the refurbishing company, and I'll get it back in 1-2 weeks

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home