Monday, July 28, 2008

A Murphy's Law kind of day

I had to give a lecture this morning, so naturally I woke up with a sore throat. I stopped at Starbucks on the way to the lecture and got a frappuccino with my free drink coupon and that helped numb my throat so that I could lecture on the exciting topic of urine.

I left the lecture, went to turn a corner and hit another car. I'm okay, just a little sore. Ok maybe more than a little. My car on the other hand is in some sad shape. Driver's side to driver's side accident. I was able to open my driver's door once to get out of the car, after that it was climb over the center console to get into the driver's seat. So I had it towed to the nearest Chevy dealership and am waiting for an estimate. The front end isn't pretty and I'm not sure what got damaged under the hood to make it start smoking after the accident. So I'm waiting for the phone call that will tell me how much the damage is.

I feel like I've been on the phone all day now. Had to talk to the insurance company locally. Had to find out which comes first, medical or car insurance. Stop and get checked out as I got more and more sore. Talk to the claims department. Get claim number. Call med express back with claim number so that my car insurance can be billed.

Someone make Murphy go away!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home