Monday, June 25, 2007

Happily Ever After

My little brother got married this weekend. After months of planning, the big day was here on Saturday. But that was just the end. There were many crazy moments leading up to it. There was mom working frantically on the cake, starting last Saturday. There was the bachelorette party on Thursday night. Ryan and his friends played golf and beer pong on Thursday. Friday I kind of spoiled myself and made myself all beautiful for the wedding by going and getting a pedicure, my hair highlighted, my eyebrows done, and a spray tan. I have to say that I looked quite stunning when I was done. I barely made it to rehearsal in time though from getting all that done, but I made it. After rehearsal, we all headed out to the hall and had pizza and beer and then we decorated. There was a minor argument over the placement of the tables, but it all worked out and we got out of there about 10. And mom came home and continued to work on the cake. I did my nails with the nailpolish that Liz bought everyone and headed to bed around 12:30.

Saturday was nuts. I got up and helped mom transport the cake and dad take the booze. When we got to the hall I did what I could to finish the decorating since we didn't have enough table skirt to do the head table the night before. Poor dad had to put his hand in a bag of poopy goldfish water to take the goldfish out of the bag from the store and into the vases on the table. Then it was a mad rush to get to the grocery store and buy more pop and the for me to get to the hairdresser. But I got my hair all done up and sparkles sprayed in it and made it to the church on time. We took a million and one pictures before the ceremony.

The ceremony was awesome. It was all so beautiful and the Pastor gave an amazing sermon. I told myself that I wasn't going to cry, but there I was, standing where I could see the look on my brother's face as he said his vows to Liz and I was tearing up. Of course, that was in between silently laughing at the flower girl as she's unzipping her dress up on the altar because it was choking her. Oops.

After the wedding we posed for a million and one more pictures, and the entire time, all of us bridesmaids were wondering when the hell we could take our shoes off because Liz picked out the most uncomfortable shoes on the face of the planet. Once we made it to the beach for the beach pictures though, we all took them off and it felt so good to walk barefoot in the sand. And once again, we were all laughing at the flower girl because she was lifting up her dress to keep it clean, and boy was she lifting it. Before any picture was taken, you always heard "Ana, put your dress down."

The reception was awesome. We all walked in to the DJ playing Rock and Roll part 2 and it just really started the party off on the right foot. The food was amazing. There was a loaf of bread there that was 8 inches tall and about 3 feet long. And the caterer stood there and cut everyone a piece. The bridal party dance was really fun because all of us girls danced it barefoot, mainly because we couldn't stand to put our shoes on one more time. And once the party started, it didn't end. The DJ did all the important stuff right away to get it done, and then he really didn't slow it down the rest of the night, in fact, Ryan had to ask him to slow it down so that he could dance with Grandma. I learned the Love Shack dance, though I doubt that I'll remember it now. And to cap the night off my Grandma P and I started a kickline around Ryan and Liz as they danced the last dance to New York New York.

What an amazing weekend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home