Saturday, December 24, 2005

"I didn't want to bother you"

That's what my grandma said this afternoon when she called my dad and told him that my great grandpa was in the hospital and had been since last night with a bad infection in his legs. How can it be a bother grandma? He's family. If he's ill, we want to know. So his legs are really swollen and blistered and he's got red streaks running up them. It's not good for him, and now it looks like he's going to be spending Christmas in the hospital.

Steve left after work today for his trip down to Missouri. Usually I call him each night when I go to break and sometimes I actually get ahold of him and other times I don't. So we said goodbye before he left work today with some promises for next week and now I really miss him. I'm tempted to call him right now but I know that he was picking up another buddy and that he was supposed to run into freezing rain on the way down, so I guess that my phone call will just have to wait because I want him to get there safely.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home