Monday, September 06, 2004

You can't go home again

Ya ever notice how much things change once you've been away from home for a while? I noticed it this summer, and I noticed it more this weekend too. When I'm home for long periods of time, no problem, as I have my own computer and I can entertain myself in my room if I get bored enough (which I did plenty of this past summer in my unemployed state), yet this weekend I noticed more differences of what it's like to be at home again.

Yesterday, we had the family over for a BBQ and mom and I got into a fight over my music selection because I don't have a CD player at home in my room and so I have to use the main one or my portable if I want to listen to any music. So, as I was trying to study and do things around the house, I had the CD player in the living room on and I know that it doesn't have the best sound ever, hell, the speakers on my computer have better sound, and the bass was really bad, and it was obvious on the song that was playing and mom is telling me that my music sucks, and I retort back that it's just the stereo, and it's not my fault since I don't have a cd player to use at home. Mom kinda takes offense to that remark and I apologize and tell her what I meant and I turn off my music on that CD player and try the computer (which the sound card in sucks and the sound isn't that much better, but it is better), so all was well. But it just seems that even when I'm home for the weekend, they expect more out of me than they do my brother, who still lives at home all the time. It's just not fair.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home