Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Return of the Bible Guys

Last year's post on the subject

Ahhh, another academic year, another return of the "Bible Guys" as I call them. Ok, so they're the Gideons, but I like Bible Guys better. I was walking to the Health Center this morning to get a test result and there they were, in their suits standing on almost every corner between me and my destination holding out their green copies of the NJV New Testament. Crap. And here I am, having to get halfway across campus half asleep. So, I put on my best smile and tell them that I already have one, which isn't really a lie because I've got like 3 of them and my regular NIV Bible, so it's not really like I need a 5th copy of the New Testament. But it's still funny to watch. Some people avoid eye contact completely. Some wave them off. It was also funny to watch one shake his copy at a girl that was wearing a short skirt and halter top. Dude, it's like 80 degrees outside and as humid as Dagobah.

Ah Bible Guys, you make life interesting

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home