Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Ok you can always tell when a new academic year starts because the "Bible Guys," as I like to call them, show up on campus. Apparetly they're Gideons or something and they hand out these little green bibles that aren't even full bibles. They're the New Testament, and books of Proverbs and Psalms. It's like a warzone on cmapus because they are literally at every corner and infront of the main academic buildings. This morning I even went so far as to alter the route that I take to the Allied Health building because I already have a Bible and I've gotten those green things every year. Well on my way to class this morning, I managed to miss all of them, but coming back from class this morning, I got stuck with one. The guys just came up to me and kinda just put it in my hand. Jon called it a warzone out there. He ended up with 2 of them because before he could get his first one out of his pocket to show that he had one, the Bible Guy had already shoved another one in his hand. And Jon was saying that the Bible Guys were saying things like "Come back to Jesus" to a lot of the people. Nothing like shoving Christianty down people's throats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home