Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011!


I feel that the aftermath of Snowpocalypse 2011! needs both a capital S and an exclamation point, because the weathermen actually got it right today. Especially since I just opened my front door up out of curiosity and found a drift that went up almost to the window of my garage. Crap.

Luckily, I ddn't have anywhere to go today. Well, I take that back, I was supposed to go to physical therapy this morning, but they called me at 745 to cancel because the building was closed. That was nice, but then I couldn't go back to sleep. So, I got up and looked out the kitchen window, and nope, still couldn't see the stoplight up on the corner. Usually I can see it just fine. Since I was stuck in the house, I curled up on the couch with a cup of coffee, a book, and the remote with some stuff on DVR to watch and then caught up on a couple of other shows on demand.

Now, I"m still trying to unpack, but I'm getting too easily distracted by the interwebz and television (is that a shiny object?) so I turned off the TV and hit shuffle on my iPod while I'm waiting for my dad to maybe make it over today and use the behemoth of a snowblower on my driveway, either that or the mystery person who's been plowing my driveway before I moved in to come and plow it. That'd be nice. Of course, if dad gets over, then I'll have the baking powder I need to make dumplings to go with the chicken stew that I'm hungry for. Stew just sounds like a good comfort food on a cold and oh so snowy day. And maybe, just maybe, I can now go convince myself to figure out the tangle of wires on my desk and set up my PC so that I can use that as well. Maybe I'll get through another couple of boxes too.

Maybe.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home