Friday, February 25, 2011

Ghost Chronicles, Part 1

So, I never really believed in ghosts before. I didn't believe other people's stories about ghosts in their houses.

Until I saw one in my own on Sunday night.

Since I've moved into my own place, the water heater has been making funny sounds. It shakes the pipes in the whole house when it turns on and you can hear water running. It's not a quiet sound. So, it just happened that I was falling asleep when the water heater did it's lovely little trick. I opened my eyes and rolled over and I saw it.

Right by the door, which was partially open and letting in a little of the light from the nightlight in the hallway, was a set of what looked like curlicues of smoke at about knee height coming out of the carpet. There was nothing to explain it besides a ghost. There's no heat vents or anything that would explain smoking carpet.

And it happened again last night. Once again, the water heater did it's little trick and I opened my eyes. About a foot away from my head, overtop the pillows that I have on an end table next to my bed, was an "orb" of "smoke" with wisps coming out from it. I rolled over and tried to ignore that it was there, but sleep did not come easily to me the rest of the night. At some point, I felt something patting the blankets next to me, yet I was all alone.

What will my ghost do next?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home