Sunday, June 14, 2009

Owwwwwwww

So I've been having abdominal pain since last Wednesday that I'd rate at a 3 on a pain scale of 1-5. It's been uncomfortable and if it didn't clear up over the weekend, I was going to call the doctor on Monday. Then Friday night happened. I was at work and I was feeling pretty crummy and debating whether or not to visit the ER, but every time I looked at the patient list there were 40-50 patients down there and only 30ish beds. About 3 am I ended up doubled over in pain and crying and my coworkers told me to quit being stubborn and go to the ER. So I went, and I got the last bed. And a half hour later I got dilauded. That's some good stuff. It made the design on the curtains swim in front of me. But the pain was gone. I was put through the mill of ultrasound, pelvic and CT and they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I was going to get discharged shortly after 7 and I stood up to get my clothes back on and the room spun and I got nauseous. Cathy was with me because she was going to give me a ride home so that I wouldn't have to wake my parents up (I know, I know). The nurse got me some meds to help with the nausea that dissolved on the tongue and tasted like crap. Twenty minutes later I was vomiting up the last cup of contrast that I'd had to drink for the CT and then getting a shot in the rear of phenergren. My ass still hurts today from that one. Since it was nearly 8am at the time, I had Cathy call my parents and tell them that they didn't have to come get me but just let them know what was going on and they still came and got me. I slept off the phenergren by the time that they got there and got my prescription for Vicodin ES. And home I went.

I still hurt today but am trying to manage the pain with just motrin and ultram because the vicodin just keeps knocking me out and I want to work tonight. So tomorrow I call the doctor and try to find out what the hell is wrong with me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home