Sunday, July 27, 2008

Once again reminded why some animals eat their young...

Today in church was just another reminder of why some animals eat their young. This kid in front of us was most likely ADHD and needed to be on drugs and wasn't. He may have had something else wrong with him too. But we're standing listening to the Gospel and I can't help but notice that the kid is SPITTING on the FLOOR OF THE CHURCH! And he knows that what he's doing is wrong because he gets about 4 puddles on the floor and then rubs them into the carpet with his sandal. I wanted to lean forward and tap the dad on the shoulder and be all "Um excuse me, but do you know that your son is spitting on the floor?"

Then throughout the rest of the service he was picking his nose, spitting into his hands and wiping it on his shirt and just scrambling all over the row. His dad tried to get him to sit up and behave a few times, but it just didn't work. Then the kid wanted to shake my dad's hand for the sign of peace. Dad had noticed how he'd been acting and after shaking with him, he leaned over to me and asked if I had a wet wipe in my purse. Luckily, I've always got a bottle of hand sanitizer with me, so even though it was black raspberry vanilla, dad took a squirt of it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home