Thursday, December 13, 2007

Driving in bad weather

Tuesday there was a winter storm. One of those where everything from rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow (good day for the postmen)hit various parts of the state, including the area that I'm in. So, being a smart winter driver, I gave myself a full 40ish minutes to get to work, instead of the usual 20 that it takes me to get there. The roads weren't bad at all. They were relatively clear and a little wet, and it had snowed pretty good all day. But of course, on my way to work, while driving down I-75, I get behind a car from FLORIDA in the MIDDLE LANE going 60mph!!! I-75 had been cleared. In fact, I could see the plows probably a couple of miles up the road, but obviously, since they were from Florida, they were so freaked out at the mere sight of snow (HELLO! MICHIGAN! DECEMBER! It SNOWS up here!), that they decided that that slow speed was acceptable. If you're going to drive that slow, that's what the right lane is for!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home