Monday, November 26, 2007

Will work for food.

"Good family man, will work for food."

I saw this sign this weekend and I wasn't really that surprised. It was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so Christmas shopping really was starting to kick into full swing and this person was standing on the corner between the mall and walmart. Real prime real estate for the beggar.

But a part of me was just like "whatever, you only see these people around this time of year." And it's true. I never see them standing out there in the heat of summer. No, it's always in the winter and around Christmas. I just can't help but feel like they're trying to get something for nothing. I know that there's a lot of poor people out there, but why do these people only show up around the holidays?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home