Monday, September 10, 2007

Computer havoc

Sometimes I just love my desktop computer. I was uploading my pictures from the family reunion when I was having computer issues and decided to reboot it. So I thought that would fix things because it hadn't been rebooted in a while. Was I ever wrong.

I got stuck in an endless reboot loop.

I tried a system restore.

It didn't work.

I pulled the hard drive and pulled the pictures off of it and saved them. Then I tried to reformat.

Nothing.

The drive wouldn't recognize the Windows XP cd. I'd known for a while that my CD-Rom drive was going bad, so I made a trip to Staples and bought a new drive.

Had my dad install it and he tried to install Windows XP again. Still nothing. So we pulled the hard drive again and formatted it from my dad's computer. Another trip to Staples for some different hardware, to make a return, and Windows XP. We get home, install the hardware, go to open Windows XP and the seal has been broken. Back to Staples to return it and get a copy where the seal isn't broken. Finally, my dad spent a couple of hours of doing installs while I went to work. Finally, I have a working desktop again so I can do my photo editing again. Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home