Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

The holiday is over now. It was weird though with it being in the middle of the week. But for the first time in three years, I got to see the finale of the Bay City Fireworks Fest. I had to miss the first two nights because of work, but that's ok because I saw them as I was driving to work. And nothing really beats crowding onto a big hill with 50,000-100,000 other people and actually feeling the fireworks launch for 45 minutes. It's absolutely amazing. The fireworks are so big that they take up the entire sky and it shakes you when they explode. There were times when fireworks were getting shot off from both sides of the river and sometimes they were shooting off so many fireworks at once that there were random fireballs in the sky. It was amazing. I love living in Bay City because the fireworks rock. Unfortunately though, the wind was blowing all the smoke and ash over the crowd and at one point I ended up with some ash in my eye, but so did Liz and her mom. And the really cool part was when one of the fireworks exploded a little low and some hot ash hit the beer tent, almost lighting it on fire.

There was also the most awful band that I've ever heard in the world playing in the beer tent (and being piped all over the park) before the fireworks. If you're ever somewhere where the band The Iconix is playing, save your eardrums the torture and leave.

That was Tuesday. I was supposed to go sailing with my aunt yesterday, but there were threats of thunderstorms so we didn't go, and instead mom and I went shopping for the clearance sales. We made out like bandits and had a good time. Then last night after a mini-bbq and went to Grandma P's house for the country club fireworks that we could barely see because the trees were getting too tall.

And now the holiday is over, so it's back to the grind.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home