Sunday, January 28, 2007

Some assembly required...



On Friday, I bought an elliptical trainer at Sears. It was a good deal, on sale for $799.99, and it was a Nordic Track which is an awesome brand. So I bought it, and unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my trunk (and I have a large trunk) so I had to wait until today to have my dad pick it up from Sears with his truck.

Now, the sales guy told me that there was some assembly required. The way that he made it sound, I'd just have to put the rails and handles on and unfold it since it folds up for storage.

Yeah right.

A good 80 parts, and an hour and a half later my dad and I finish putting the thing together and I find out that it oesn'tplug in like I thought that it did, but instead runs on manual power and the display on 4 "D" batteries. We have no batteries in the house.

To Wal-Mart I go. Wal-Mart after 10pm is a very special place. I saw many people there in pajama bottoms. In fact, I felt overdresse running there with corduroy's still on. Maybe I should have gone there in white knit short shorts (when it's 6 degrees outside) like
that one female that I saw.

But, I was successful in my battery buying endeavor and figured out which way the batteries went in (this some assembly required thing really is crap because without a flashlight, you couldn't see the battery diagram and they sure weren't going to make it easy and show it in the instructions), so I was ready to use my new workout wonder.

Five minutes in, I was gasping for breath, but I managed to stay on for five more minutes. I shall definitely have to work up my stamina again.

At least we got it together, with only one flesh wound...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home