Saturday, January 07, 2006

My search for a place of my own

So lately I've been thinking more and more about moving out on my own. Mainly because I'm getting in some really stupid argument with my dad almost weekly. Whether it's what I'm choosing to cook (when I actually do cook) to take for my dinner, or where I put a colander on the table when I'm trying to eat before going to work, or the latest kicker, what time I choose to work out. Earlier this week I got motivated to run on our treadmill, and it's not the quietest thing in the world and I had the TV on and turned up so that I had something to distract me from how much time I had left in the workout, especially when the program gets to the 5 minute run, that thing is a bitch. So anyways, I was about halfway through the program when my dad came home in between runs for work and he asked me how much longer I was going to be on the treadmill. I looked at the time remaining and said "15 minutes." Apparently that wasn't the answer that he wanted because he got upset over the noise and went to lay down and closed the door to his room and such. And then my brother is having car trouble so he gets up to give him some advice on that and then comes over to me and says "I'd appreciate it if in the future, when you do this, that you're done by 12:30 so that way I can lay down if I want to and not have to hear this noise." I got so pissed, what does it matter what time I choose to work out? Tune the noise out if you don't like it. I'm sorry, but I have rights in this house too, and I barely use anything outside of my room. Whatever.

So this morning mom and I are sitting at the kitchen table paying our bills and I told her that I got in another stupid argument with dad and I told her about it and she agreed with me that it was stupid and that dad was alienating both me and my brother by picking stupid fights with us. She said that she was going to talk to him. So they'll probably argue later today, but it's good for him. But I don't know how many more stupid arguments I can take. I hope that Adrienne gets the job up here so that I can have someone to move in with when I can't take it any more. I even just hinted to my mom that I may be moving out sometime this year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home