Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fairness at work

Ok so I've finally realied exactly what my supervisor was talking about back in June when she told me people were noticing that I haven't been pulling my fair share of urinalysis. One of the older techs is currently being trained in hema right now, which is constituted of hematology, coagulation and urinalysis. Well apparently this tech only has to learn coag and urines even though she gets paid the same wages as everyone else. Ok cool, less urines I have to do though, right?

Wrong.

The past 2 days that I've been in the department she hasn't done any urines. She's only done coag. So not only do I have to do all the diffs that have to be done, and all the hematology bench work, I also have a sea of pee to attack because she's only doing coag. I've even tried ignoring the urines to try to get the hint across, but then someone else ends up having to do them. I'm sorry but if you're not going to do the hema bench work, do the urines because I'm not going to do everything while you sit and talk, I have enough to do that you're not trained in.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home