Monday, September 05, 2005

Is this the real life?

I dunno. Lately I haven't felt myself. Almost like I'm lost in a fantasy. It's just weird. I go to work. I read. A lot. I sleep. I get up in the morning and I fool around online and run whatever errands that I need to run that day. But that's it. It's almost like I'm letting life pass me by. I don't remember the last time that I went out and had fun with the friends that I have in this area. I miss my friends from school.

School. Wow. This is the first time in 17 years that I haven't had to go back to school. It's kind of weird. I miss it in a way. I don't miss the stress of studying and all that, but I miss the people. I miss people my own age. Everyone that I work with is older than me. Some only by months and some have kids in college. I miss constanly being around people my own age. And I wish there was someplace other than bars to hang out at at night when I get out of work. I would love for a late night coffee shop or something where people can just hang out. We really need something like that in this area. The only coffee shop that I see is always closed whenever I go by it. I should open one, make it a cool place with open mic nights and live music some nights. Just a place where people can be themselves and not be surrounded by the drunks that frequent Midland Street.

Maybe I should move. Finding a new job wouldn't be that hard. But I like where I'm at. I'd miss my family, but I miss my friends. They're scattered all over the state. Here, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids. *sigh* Who knows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home