Sunday, March 20, 2005

Amanda News Network

Ok, so I just realized that it's been about a week since I've updated here, so here we go. What's been going on in my life?

I finished my chemistry rotation last week (w00t!) and tomorrow I start my microbiology rotation, which is my absolute favorite department so I'm super excited about that. Plus, the start of this rotation means that I only have 7 weeks left until graduation, 8 until I'm done with internship, and 9 until the release of Episode III (good things happen in 3's too). I liked my chemistry rotation, but it was just a little too automated for me, the automation is cool, but there isn't as much hands on work, so it can get kind of boring until all the analyzers crash at the same time.

Thursday was St Patrick's Day, A.K.A. let's all go out and pretend we're Irish and drink green beer day (but I am part Irish so I don't have to pretend and I don't like beer). So Karen, Kelly and I headed to Lucky's Pub after Karen got out of work and spent a few hours drinking and making fun of people that thought that they could sing karaoke. Oh and fending off Jasper too. Why do I always attract the freaks? Seriously, this guy was creepy, from his soberness at the bar on national drinking night, to his comments about my boobies (yes, he said boobies) and making paper airplanes out of napkins and spit. I'm glad that we had my excuse of having to leave so that I could go to bed since I had to be up at 0330 to be to the hospital at 0500.

Which takes me to Friday. I got an awesome review from chemistry and they let me come home early, which was great because even though I wasn't hungover, I still felt pretty crummy from only getting 4ish hours of sleep and I came home and took a major nap only to be faced with the most evil of evilness. A charlie horse woke me up from my nap and had me in tears. I haven't been in that much pain in a long time. And then on Friday night we had my cousin's 4th birthday party. I had fun, he got toy lightsabers, so I was battling 3 and 4 year olds with a lightsaber. It was tonsa fun.

Worked yesterday, got snapped at by a customer and wanted to snap back at em. I can't wait until I get a real job so that I can tell the store manager where he can shove it. I'm sick of asking "Would you like to open a new JCPenney card and save 10%?"

Today was the parade. Went over to Karen and Kelly's since they live nearby and walked down from their house. Hung out by the WIOG tent and watched the parade. It was nice, I hadn't been able to go in a few years and it was just fun to be out there, except for the train guy with the cannon. That part sucked. Oh yeah, and my feet going numb sucked too, but it happens. The weather has to be crappy for the parade.

So that's what's been going on in my life. This is the Amanda News Network, signing off...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home