Monday, January 24, 2005

Good and bad

Hmmm, haven't done a blog format like this in a while, but it seems fitting for what I have to blog about today. I think I'll start with the bad.

Bad: Grandma had her biopsy today and now she's in a lot of pain. The hospital forgot to order her labs ahead of time, so that delayed her an hour. Then the radiologist didn't give the local time to work and had to stick her a few times (5 or 6) because the lesion was so hard. And thanks to the biopsy she has a collapsed lung and is coughing up blood in her sputum, yet the hospital discharged her and didn't even prescribe anything for the pain she's got to be in. I mean I'm sure they used like a 13 guage needle, and those suckers hurt. Now we just have to wait with her for the lab results and make sure that she does nothing for the next 24 hours

Good: I was told by one of the techs today at the lab that there's going to be a position opening on 2nd shift. That kicks ass. Sure, someone from 3rd shift will probably get the 2nd shift job, but that leaves an opening for me. Here's hoping!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home