Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Lots o' thoughts...

Ok, I haven't updated in a while, so here goes a major update, starting from Friday.

Friday (AKA Fate Hates Me):
I went to go home to work last weekend and it just seemed like fate didn't want me to get home. First off I stopped at the bank and went to get some money out of the ATM and my ID card got stuck in the ATM, so I had to wait a half hour for them to get it out since I needed it. Then as I'm going home I get stuck behind all these slow vehicles that wouldn't go the speed limit, and that annoyed me to all end because I couldn't pass them. Then, I get about halfway home and I'm behind this truck that's pulling a trailer, now nothing was tied down in this trailer and so after a few miles this box of something flew out and I swerved to try to miss it and ended up sideswiping it. I still don't know what was in it, but luckily it didn't do any damage to my car.

Saturday and Sunday (Boy Work is Fun!)
Two days and nineteen hours of work. That should give you some indication of how I was feeling by the end of work on Sunday. Work was hellish because we have these new Core Standards to impliment. We're assigned to certain areas of the department, and everything has to be sized, all the merchandise on tables has to be the same height and the racks can't be too full. I'm glad that the next time I work, it'll all be done. Plus on Sunday I wasn't scheduled to be in until noon and then they changed it to 8am. That was a joy. Sunday night though was the last night that Mussell Beach was open, so mom and dad took me there for dinner and Jackie spoiled us by making us fresh elephant ears, and we got everything that we ordered for $1. It was pretty sweet. Then I told Jackie that she needed to come to Ferris and cook for us at St Paul's. She laughed at me. Good times.

All Weekend (My Car is Possessed!)
Yeah, so the power locks on my car have decided that they will only work when they feel like working. That's a lot of fun. Especially when it just decides to randomly start unlocking and relocking while I'm turning and driving. I need a new car.

Internship Progress
So today I went to Central Michigan Community Hospital in Mt Pleasant with Niki because she didn't want to go on a site visit on her own. I wasn't expecting to be that impressed by it, but it's a really nice place. It's this hospital that looks all cute and old on the outside, but modern on the inside. The lab is pretty cool and the people are very nice. I'm torn between that hospital and Bay Med as my 2nd choice. The major drawback to CMCH is that I'd have to find a place in Mt Pleasant to live, and thus have to pay rent. I dunno what to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home