Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Holy Touchout

Wow. I'm still amazed by seeing the men's 4x200m freestyle relay last night. Australia has dominated that event for so long, and you could almost feel the tension between the US team and the Aussies. It was just an amazing race. I have this t-shirt by Nike that says "Because 1/100th of a second counts" Last night proved that fact. It was the last 50m of the race and my heart was beating faster because it looked like Australia was going to pull ahead of the US. They were neck and neck, reaching the finish at almost the exact same moment. I wasn't really sure who won until I saw the US team celebrating and the commentators proclaiming victory! It was sweet. The US won by .13 seconds. That's just a handlength. Damn, what a race. Makes me want to compete again...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home