Friday, July 23, 2004

Music and work

Have y'all noticed that I write about music a lot? Good. You should have because I like music and it's important to me.

Ok, so work was crappy today. First off, I was late because people were driving stupid on the expressway and I almost got hit by a semi and then by another truck. What is it with people driving today? Then I got in the middle lane and got stuck behind someone going 65. HELLO! You're in a 70. If you're going to go 65, drive in the right lane. So, I swung out in the left lane and passed them. People were refusing to speed today. Figures, on the day that I'm running late to work, no one will go 5 over. So work goes ok for a few hours, one of our cashiers is a little slow so I was on the registers a bit more than I normally would have been. No biggie. About 4pm, I'm over by the boys fitting rooms and there's this large, dirty looking, kinda suspucious looking female carrying around 3 shoe boxes and just looking around. She asked me if she could try on pants in there and I said yeah, even though she didn't have any pants to hold. I wandered off elsewhere and was straightening up the department and ringing customers up. Probably around 5:30, I go over to boys and it appears that all the fitting rooms are full so I don't empty them, I just grabbed the stuff off of the rack at the door and put that away. 6pm, I'm back on the registers and Cita comes over and grabs the radio from me and calls for Loss Prevention to meet her at the boys fitting rooms. Yeah, there were 3 shoe boxes full of the clothes that someone HAD been wearing and they left with all new clothes for free. Now, Cita and I had both been wandering all of childrens all night and just straightening it up. That's what I like doing, I don't like being confined to one side of the department because then you forget where everything is. But after that, Renee (our supervisor) had me stay over on girls and Cita over on boys. I felt like I'd screwed up somehow. Meh.

Timewarp to oh 8:15. I'm over in girls 4-6X (girls is divided into infant/toddler, basics (socks, underwear and bras), 4-6X, girls plus, and girls 7-16) and I'm by this lady who's standing near a table and her daughter is standing by an autopole (which is just like a tension pole that goes from floor to ceiling and holds up signs), one of the signs fell and hit her on the head. Yay! What a great day. Her daughter bumped into the pole and I think that's what caused it to fall, but we went and filled out all the necessary paperwork. I was just feeling fantastic by that point of the day (Author's note: preceeding statement should be read dripping with sarcasm).

So where does the music part come in you must be asking yourself by now, because, afterall, I did title this entry "Music and work"...

I love music. It has the ability that nothing else has to cheer me up or even fit my down moods. Tonight, music cheered me up on the way home. They played 2 songs with great rhythm and beat on the way home and just had me grooving and smiling again. I just love a tune that you can just jam to. I want to feel the beat from my head to my feet and be able to just let go and move. I want it to inspire me to move and when it does, I'm happy. Music makes me happy

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home