Tuesday, May 25, 2004

On Music

You walk into my room and I can guarantee that you'll hear music playing. It's just one of those things. Mainly because I need some kind of noise, but mainly because I love listening to music. It's like a view into the songwriters mind. And it's oh so easy to match music to your mood. I look at my shelf and see everything from CD's that I got when I was younger (Yes, I'll admit to owning the Spice Girls), soundtracks to various movies, 80s, Latin, rock, boy bands, Enya, classical, Christian, swing, one hit wonders, the CD from the guys down the hall when they were a new band, and many others. I've got a bit of everything on my shelf. And there are times that I'll listen to it all (except that Spice Girls CD, that's buried somewhere). To me listening to music is often an escape. I can just get lost in it, let my mind wander with the music there to guide me or draw me back to reality. It's how I set my stress free. There was a day last semester when I was really stressing because I had a huge midterm over 20 chapters of material and I got back to my room in between classes and I cranked my music (it was 11am) and started singing along with my playlist. I had my speakers cranked all the way and was singing as loud as I could. Woke my suitemate up, but I didn't really care because I felt better. I was able to relieve my stress through the right tune, even if I did murder it.

There's just something about music. It hits you down to the soul and makes you want to move. I don't know how many times I was glad that people couldn't see me dancing around my room and singing. I was just inspired to move by the music, I could feel it in me, like it was becoming an extension of me, it was a part of me all the way down to my soul. Music is my inspiration

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home