Sunday, May 30, 2004

Lazy summer days

Ah it finally feels like summer. If I wasn't in the middle of cleaning right now because my family is coming over for a cookout for my birthday later, I'd be out on the swing in front of my room right now reading one of the books that I picked up from the library on Wednesday. I've already read 3 of the 6 books that I checked out.

That reminds me, I saw someone Wednesday that I hadn't seen in 3 years. I don't really know if I'd call him a friend, but our senior year we came to an understanding of sorts. I hadn't seen Matt since graduation, he'd gone out to California to study theater and he'd spent the last 3 years out there. He was with his woman and I had a pile of library books in my arm and we were in the middle of the mall parking lot (the library is in the mall, how cool is that?) so it was more of a "hi, how are you? really? cool." type of thing and he told me that he was moving either to New York or to London for theater. I just can't help but think that someone that I went to school with is going to possibly be a Broadway star or a star in London and feel happy and jealous at the same time. He's a great actor though, brought me to tears when he played Otto Frank in "The Diary of Anne Frank" our senior year, there was just so much emotion in his acting. Yet I've got this itty bitty little bit of jealousy that he's going all over to these great things and here I am, 3 years older and still living at home with my parents in lil ol Bay City. I know that my way lies down a different path, and that I'm going to be a great tech when I graduate next year, but the ol green eyed monster is still there. We all have a different path to take, but sometimes I wonder about my road not taken.

But speaking of friends Jeff from school called me Thursday morning to wish me a happy birthday. I hadn't seen him since our pathophysiology final so that was a pleasant surprise (and to all you matchmakers out there, he's twice my age, married, and with a kid, so don't go thinking what I know that you're thinking). We just had a little bit of time to catch up because I had my job interview but I found out that he changed his major once again, and I was kinda sad because we were going to have classes together once again this fall (we've had at least one class together each semester except for last fall). But he's gotta do what he's gotta do. I just hope that he can handle the nursing curriculum. As Jess would say, "He's a good doobie."

I miss Ferris. I never thought that I'd say that but I miss my friends that I hung out with up there. They're all scattered across the state, but I may be going to Big Rapids next Thursday to celebrate Jill's 21st birthday and then if I can get a job and get the time off Jess and I are going to go see Sister Hazel at the Intersection on the 30th. (Sorry Grandma, I'll do something for your birthday another day). Plus if I'd stayed at Ferris, I'd have a job right now. Bob Evans was supposed to call by 4pm Friday if I was recommended for a 3rd interview. They didn't call. I called a boat towing company because that looked like it'd be a fun job but they said all the positions have been filled but they took my information down anyways, so that's a maybe still. I don't want to work but I need the money. Blah. I like my lazy summer days

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home