Tuesday, September 20, 2016

It's been a while...

So, it's been a couple of years since I've posted on my blog, but I think that the change that I'm going through is good motivation to start writing again. I'm buying a house. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. The nervousness of this change. Going to the bank. Finding out that I need to drastically alter my spending habits (I was a little in denial about my love of shopping). Finding out that I couldn't afford as much as I wanted in a house, and that I couldn't afford to live where I wanted to live, where I've always lived so I looked more in the country. But I refused to live somewhere with well water. Municipal water is a must, because that's what I've grown up drinking and I think that well water is disgusting. I looked at 8 houses before I found the one that I'm buying. With my limited budget, I looked at some major shit holes. I can't afford something that is totally move in ready, so I'll have some updating to do. The house is adorable with a huge living room and under the carpet is hopefully a beautiful hardwood floor that only needs a little TLC (I know the hardwood is there, I just don't know the condition). So I'm going to write about this process and my choices that I'm making updating the house. First off though is getting through the inspection. I have an idea of what the house needs thanks to an awesome close friend who came with me the second time that I looked at the house to give me an idea of the updates that I need. This diamond in the rough was built in 1955 and it's the first time that it's been on the market, so I'm excited to turn it into mine. The day that I decided that I wanted this house I brought back a ton of paint samples cards from Home Depot. I'm spending time learning about plaster walls and how to patch all the holes from all of the pictures that were on the wall and all of the shelves. My Pinterest boards are filling up and I'm ready to make my mark. Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home