Monday, May 03, 2004

I just don't get it

My dad has been un/underemployed for over a year. His W2 showed that he made money last year because of his severance pay. He wasn't able to draw unemployment until last month, after 14 months of being unemployed, and what do I get for financial aid in the fall? Loans, loans and more loans. I try to go see if I can get work study and they tell me that all the money has been given out and they won't consider applications for it until the fall. I don't have enough financial aid to cover the fall semester, and my parents can't afford to pay for my school and neither can I.

What am I supposed to do? I'm trying to get a good paying job for the summer. Why do they give work study to people who don't need it. One of my friends was awarded it and she's doing her student teaching in the fall. *sigh*

Ah well, I'm just going to be REALLY annoying this summer and call the financial aid office every Monday and see if they're taking applications for work study yet. As soon as they say yes, I'm going to apply for it. Screw you Ferris State!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home