Sunday, April 04, 2004

Totally Random Day

So yesterday wasn't supposed to be as random as it turned out to be. We left Big Rapids at 11am to go see VACO at 2:30 in Ann Arbor. No biggie right? Just go to Ann Arbor, see the concert, yell, scream, throw random things onto the stage, enjoy the show and eventually head back home. Well, as we decided, nothing can ever be that simple with just the 2 of us.

We get to Ann Arbor and get a little confused as to what our directions say, so we got turned around and stopped at what we thought was a ghetto little party store. No such luck. It was a ghetto little car repair shop. But the guy was nice enough to give us directions as to how to get to the concert.

So we drove by the concert and find out that not only is it outdoors, but it's at a fraternity house. So eventually we find a parking spot on the road and hoofed it back up to the concert and paid to get in. Now something struck me as odd right away. There was no VACO merchandise set up, but I shrugged it off as it looked like a small concert.

So then we found a spot on the lawn and just sat down and relaxed. By now it was 2:15 and I was getting real excited. 2:30 rolls by. Nothing. 3 rolls by. Nothing. 3:30 rolls by. Still nothing. By now I'm wondering what the hell is going on, but I heard this one guy say that they were delaying as long as possible, so that they could have as many people there as possible before the cops shut them down. And there was something else bugging me at this point, the stage wasn't set up quite right. Things weren't really making sense, but I couldn't quite figure it out.

Well it got cloudy out and cold, so Jill and I went back to her car and got our coats and then moved her car because we found out that we were illegally parked. So on our way back to the ATO house, we hear music and I was like "Awww crap, we're missing VACO."

We get back into sight and I realized that that wasn't VACO playing, it was the other band that was supposed to play at 4. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy at this point, but we grabbed a spot on the lawn for a while and listened and they were pretty good. The singer was hot. And other members of the band were drinking and smoking while they played. So we listened to them for about an hour and then decided to leave as people were getting drunker and higher (Hash Bash was also going on in Ann Arbor at the time, in fact, the first song that the band played, these 2 girls just climbed up on stage and started dancing but were quickly removed) and I was almost sat on by another chick. Plus the cops were circling more frequently and the last thing that I needed to do was to call my parents and tell them that they needed to bail me out of jail in Ann Arbor cuz I was at a concert at a fraternity house.

So we got out of town with just a few problems directions wise and headed back to school. We stopped at the Old Navy Outlet in Kensington and I ended up putting $60 worth of clothing and sandals on my Old Navy credit card, but most of the stuff I bought was either clearance or on sale. Happy me.

After our Old Navy trip, we went to Chi Chi's in Lansing and had a really cute waiter who didn't charge us for our drinks. But when we came out of the restaurant, it was snowing outside. Come on! It was warm and I was sitting outside in jeans, a tank top, and sandals earlier. Now I was freezing cuz all that I'd added to that outfit was a sweater. But we made it back to school around 10 and it was just a real interesting day.

Probably the most random thing that I've ever done in my life.

It was fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home