Friday, April 02, 2004

Kinda overwhelming really

Hmmm, where to begin.

Ah I know. First off, I'd like to say that I fell victim to the SW.com April Fool's Prank. But most of you probably already know that.

So in about a month from now, the semester will be over. I made a list of all the assignments that I know that I have between now and the end of the school year and it's 3/4 of a page long. Yeesh. The end of the semester is baring down and I don't know if I'm going to survive it. It's tough. But I have to remember that never again will I have a class that meets on Saturday's if I can help it.

Speaking of that class, I'm totally blowing it off tomorrow. Bad me. I know. But if you had the choice between an awesome conference and looking at poop, which would you pick?

Advanced micro has been a ton of work. 3 or 4 specimens a day to set up plus the specimens from the day before to work up. Today I was FINALLY able to finalize the sputum culture from hell that I'd been working on all week. The only thing is that I have to come up with patient names daily so I've resorted to SW or the names of fellow posters. And don't give me a hard time about a lack of creativity, you try coming up with 12 patient names a week. I'm a geek. I know it.

Today was so nice that this afternoon Jill, Jess and I decided to walk to Dairy Queen and back. I think it's about a mile and a half away. And we got there just as school got out across the street, so all the Charter Academy kids and their parents were there, so we waited in line for about 20 minutes or so. Not bad considering I used to shove people through longer lines when I worked for my grandma. That line brough back memories of 90 degree nights with a line out to the road and orders backed up and machines needing ice cream and the joy of scooping ice cream or getting all greasy working the grill. I kinda miss those days.

Oh yeah, and that test that I thought I failed yesterday, I got a 72

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home