Wednesday, March 10, 2004

What do you say in times like this?

The right words never seem to come when someone in your family is coming close to death. I just found out this afternoon that my aunt Grace is in the ICU of our hospital here and she most likely won't be coming home. She knows it too. How can you expect someone to live though when they have pneumonia, end stage emphysema, a broken back, congestive heart failure and there's very little blood going to her lower extremities. The last thing is how she knows that she won't be coming home, she said "that's how my sister's legs looked when she died."

She's not even a blood relative, but she may as well be. My dad grew up next door to her, she's one of my grandma's closest friends, and though I rarely see her, she may as well be a blood relative. It's going to be sad when she dies, so prayers are much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home