Monday, March 08, 2004

This road that we travel...

Why is it that I feel so trapped right now? I'm feeling kind of unsatisfied with my life. Trapped by my circumstances. Yeah, so this time next year I'll be living at home again after being away at school for three and a half years. Is that why I feel like I still have to ask my parent's permission to do stuff? I am 20, almost 21 after all. I don't have to ask them if I can do anything, yet I'm not independent from them yet because they pay some of my bills each month (that's changing in the summer though apparently). Why do I feel like I'm stuck in this little town? What if I wanted to take off across the country to visit friends? I know that while I live at home, my parents will disapprove because everyone that you meet over the internet is a psychostalkerserialkiller (sorry to break that to you guys). Yet, I know that if I say that I'm going they won't stop me, but I still feel obligated to listen to them because they are my parents. Why do I feel so obligated to be the good girl at home all the time, when there's this wild side inside of me that wants to get out? I feel trapped really I do.

I thought about the title of this entry for a while, not quite sure what to call it even though I knew what I was going to be talking abot. So once again, I turned to music.
this road that we travel
may it be the straight & narrow
God give us peace & grace from you
all the day
shelter with fire
our voices we raise still higher
God give us peace & grace from you
all the day through


My road doesn't seem that straight and narrow right now though. It seems twisted and I don't know the way. I don't know which way that I'm supposed to go.

I don't have that many friends that I see person to person every day. Most of the people that I call my friends, I talk to over the internet, even though I'd love to meet most of them and get to know them better in person. I value their opinions and know that I can turn to them for advice, yet I haven't even heard their voices. And they still know more about me then the people that I associate with daily. Kinda scary.

Maybe soon this caged in feeling will go away and I'll feel less trapped

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home