Saturday, March 06, 2004

The Beginning of Break

Spring break kinda started yesterday, since I didn't have any classes. But I had a million and one errands to run. And of course it was raining. Every time that I had to get out of my car, or to my car for that matter, the skies opened up and it'd downpour. I had to look like a drowned rat with a soaked windbreaker, jeans, and flip flops on. But I got my errands done, so that was good. However, I'd picked up a bunch of hours subbing at the front desk yesterday, from 4-7, and then 10-4. Well, the person that was supposed to work from 7-10 pulled a no call no show and so I ended up working from 4pm until 4am. Luckily at 8pm Jill started working with me, and we did chick flick movie night and then random movies the rest of the night to keep us awake and occupied. That and a game of War that lasted the last hour that we worked (I had all 4 aces, guess who won :) )

Anyway, dragged myself out of bed at 11:30 this morning to close down the hall and started doing room check at 12 and finished at 12:30. Then I had the joy of packing because I didn't get to get that done yesterday, so I got off campus at about 2 and headed for home. What a fun drive. Here's what I learned. Michigan curves are meant to be taken at the speed posted, not 10 or 15 over, I tried that once, luckily I maintained control of the car. I am also lucky because I almost got caught speeding twice today, luckily I didn't get pulled over. Also, flooded roads aren't cool to drive over. There's this one spot between Mecosta and Remus that's rather low, and usually has a small amount of water over it when the snow melts. Well between the melting snow, and the storm we got the other day, the water was up to the doors of my car. Not fun to drive through. I was going a whole 5 mph at that time. Then when I got to Midland, the Titabawassee river had flooded so badly that an entire golf course was covered, the skate park couldn't be seen, and all that I saw of this one pavillion was the roof. That's some high waters.

Now, to get unpacked...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home