Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Morbid Thoughts

So the other day as I was reading my book, I couldn't help but think about death. Now I can't make those thoughts go away.

I'm only 20. Why do I have these thoughts that send chills through my entire body? Why am I wondering what it will be like when my time comes? Depressing isn't it? But I figure that maybe if I get these thoughts out, that I'll be more at peace.

What will it be like to not exist anymore? Will I be able to pass away peacefully of natural causes in my sleep? I sure hope so. I guess we all want to go peacefully though. What will it be like when all bodily function just ceases? Will I know right before I go?

I really don't know why I can't shake these thoughts. I know (well as much as one can know) that I have a long life ahead of me that's going to be full of opportunity. Right now though, I'm scared of death. I want to live forever, but everyone knows that that's not possible, and going into the healthcare field emphasizes that even more.

And now I've got a chill. I'm going to go try to think some happy thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home