Monday, December 15, 2003

This and that

I've been up to a lot and not enough since I've been home. I got home about 4 Saturday afternoon and it was nice, the rest of the family was in Petosky. So I had the house to myself until about 9 that night.

Sunday, went to church with Dad at 11. Mom and the bro had gone earlier so it was just me and Dad. Came home and looked through the ads and then went to lunch and finished my Christmas shopping with mom. Picked out this totally awesome coat that I'm getting for Christmas.

Today I slept in and ran some errands. Damn my dad for sending me for stamps on the busiest mailing day of the year. I had to wait in line forever at the post office and then Mom didn't even like both designs of the stamps that I bought. After the post office I decided to stop on by my Grandma's house because I hadn't seen the house since they'd moved into it. The half hour or so that I thought I'd spend there turned into almost 2 hours. I'd forgotten how Grandma can talk so. You hear the same thing over and over.

I realized today that I've made some remarks that I've just seen as offhand remarks of frustration that have hurt some people. While that wasn't my exact intention, it happened and I haven't been watching my tongue as much as I should. I've held back on some of my harsher comments that I've wanted to make but it seems that the little ones have hurt and that wasn't my intention. I don't really forsee a major change in how I act in the future because this is how I'm coping right now, but I do take it as a sign that I need to pay a bit closer attention to what I say because even if I don't always intend them to hurt, they may hurt at times. That's something that I need to work on and I plan on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home