Thursday, December 11, 2003

On friends

I was thinking the other day about friends. I've never really had a lot of friends. The people that were my closest friends in high school are now people that I don't want to associate myself with any longer. I really only have a few close friends here in college, but they're the type of people that I want to be around. I was thinking mainly about a friend I had back in elementary school. Tiffany. We became good friends in second grade. We quickly became inseperable, spending the night at each other's houses, mainly hers now that I think about it, often. After 3rd grade she moved out of the district but we still talked on the phone a lot and I went to her house still, but it wasn't the same. We weren't seeing each other every day and we just grew apart. I think that it was around 6th grade when we really stopped talking to each other regularly. I saw her once my senior year but we'd grown apart. It just wasn't the same again. Then there was Sarah. Sarah's a special friend. We met in 4th grade and she's mentally impaired. I was one of her first really close friends, I was the first person to invite her to a friends only sleepover for my birthday. Sarah and I were really close all through high school. When I came to college we drifted apart, but she called while I was home for Thanksgiving and we talked for a while. It was nice, we'll have to do something while I'm home on break. Friends come and go, but some are the ones that change your lives forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home