Monday, December 08, 2003

The decisions of life

I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I need to make some major decisions. I'm supposed to graduate next May. If everything would have worked out this semester, I'd be going on an internship over the summer for my forensic minor, but it didn't work out. Now I'm going home this summer and I'll most likely get a job doing phlebotomy. There are just so many decisions to make. I'm not returning to this job next year because winter semester I'll be on an 18 week internship and housing doesn't really like RAs to be on clinicals or doing internships while being hired, so no more RA Amanda. Not that really matters though because I'm getting sick of this job. I'm getting sick of putting up with people's shit at 2am. I'm sick of things not being done to people when they violate university policy. I'm sick of the disrespect that people have towards authority figures, but I digress. So my dilemma becomes what do I do for housing next year. Do I move over to Bond Hall that's 21+ or do I move off campus? Right now I'm leaning towards Bond because then I can move home and do my internship at home, either at Covenant or St Mary's (and hopefully I'll get my summer job at one of those places). But if I move off of campus I could do my internship in Grand Rapids, Mt Pleasant or even here in Big Rapids and then get a job here so that I can finish my minor the next year. I really want that forensics minor because I really wouldn't mind working for the FBI or something. I think that it'd be fun. But the decision to live at home or to live at school and to do my internship at either of those places really makes that decision for me. It's only 3 more classes and a 286 hour internship that I have left for my minor, I've already taken half of the classes that I need for it and I really enjoy both my major and my minor. But I'm also starting to get sick of school, so I really don't know what to do, but I do know that if I don't finish the minor now, I'll probably never finish it, and there's a wasted $600 on classes for a minor that I'm not going to get. I feel like my world is falling apart. Not majorly, but just cracking a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home