Friday, November 28, 2003

Talk about the trip from hell. I had to stay to close down the hall on Wednesday, so I didn't get to leave campus until a little after 7pm. Now my dad had come earlier in the day and put a new battery in my car because the battery light was on. Well, when I started coming home, the battery light came on again. I made it almost all the way home, and my car died. I was 40 minutes from home and the battery ran out of juice. So I had to call my dad and have him come and get me the rest of the way home. It was freezing in my car while I was waiting 40 minutes for him to get there. So dad and my brother came and jumped my car and then I rode home with my brother and dad drove my car. Unfortunately, we couldn't go more then 10 miles without having to stop and recharge the battery in my car. So, a 2 hour car trip home from school turned into 4 hours. It totally sucked, but I made it home safely so that's what is important. And soaking in the neighbors hot tub when I got home really helped.

Yesterday I got up at 7 and helped dad stuff the turkey. We always have Thanksgiving at our house, makes things so much simpler. After we stuffed the turkey, I headed back to bed for a long period of time, of course, waking up again meant that mom put me to work doing a lot of the little cooking things. But it was a nice relaxing day spent with the family.

Ah the joys of Friday. I really haven't done much but mom and I did wait in line for Wal-Mart to open this morning. That was scary. I don't think that I'll ever do that again. Then tonight mom and I went to the mall and I got some new shoes (yeah, I know, I have a shoe fetish : p) And my Christmas shopping is almost done, let there be much rejoicing. Now tomorrow I might go to Grand Rapids shopping. Fun stuff. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home