Wednesday, November 05, 2003

So I had a test today, I'm not that sure how I did it since I had either a migrane or tension headache at the time. Ugh. And I'm still waiting on my copy of TUF, according to UPS it hit Michigan about 1 this afternoon and is only an hour away from me, so my question is, why couldn't they bring it up here?

Anyways, thanks to a little tagboard inspired madness, you're going to learn about my family. My dad's side of the family is pretty small, I don't really know all of my exteneded relatives, but that's the side of the family that I take after. Yay me, my hair is already starting to slowly gray, I'll be gray before 30 if I follow that side of the family that much. Everyone says that I'm a lot like my Aunt Colleen and I guess that I am. We're both pretty serious and don't mind solitude. She is also responsible for my love of sailing. I will have a sailboat someday, so all of you close friends of mine, come visit me and I'll take you sailing.

Then there's my mom's side of the family. The Passariello's. Try speeling that one while drunk. :p Anyways, if you can't tell from that name, it's Italian. Our family reunions are so much fun. Always the first Sunday in August at 1pm. Whatever park that we're at you see the Passariello banner which is an Italian flag with Passariello over it. And you can tell that we're Italian because instead of doing hot dogs and hamburgers and the such, we do spaghetti, lasagne and garlic bread. Outdoors. Now we have the family. Uncle Louie is talking loudly to someone because he's deaf and is calling himself the Godfather. The cousins are all jabbering and talking and hugging. All my aunts and my grandma are catching up on bingo stories, and the kids are off running around. Then you get the call to "manga" for those of you that don't speak Italian, that's "eat" Uncle John and I always fight over the pineapple bars that grandma makes and I let him win... sometimes. After we eat, we talk and share pictures for a while and then the real fun starts. We sell each other our junk in a white elephant auction. Always a good part of the day.

As crazy as they are, I wouldn't have my relatives any other way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home