Thursday, October 30, 2003

You don't really realize how much someone means to you until they leave. I hadn't realized until today how close I am to my online friends until one of them decided today that she wasn't going to be coming online everyday. I've realized that I spend a LOT of time online and I'm closer to some of the people that I talk to online than my own family. It's amazing how the web can bring people from all over the world together. I have people that I consider my friends all over the world, and they've each had some significance in my life. Yet, I'm unhappy with my life. I know what I need to do. I need to step away from the computer and go out there and meet people, but I'm so busy that by the time I finish what I absolutely have to do for that day, I want nothing more then to crash on my couch or in front of my computer and talk to those that I'm closest to. I may not seem like it but I really am a shy person when I first get to know people. I feel more comfortable online, it's like it's a shield, protecting me so that I don't get hurt. I can use my block button if someone starts to get to me and at the same time I can be the me that I don't let out in public that often. It's a double eged sword though. You can be protected and hurt by it. Yet, despite all I've said here tonight, I lack the power to step away, I'll be online today, tomorrow, and the days after. I guess Sister Hazel may say it best. "Life got in the way." It seems that the life that I've chosen has gotten in the way of me having a social life. It's time to learn how to say no and to enjoy my life, only then will I be truley happy.

In other news, I feel like crap and I pulled my groin swimming the other day, so I've been doing the shuffle walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home