Saturday, October 11, 2003

So I was passing mail today and I got a little card about getting my college class ring. It's hard to believe that I only have 2 semesters left on campus and that I've already spent 6 semesters here. It's hard to believe that in a year and a half I'll be taking my registry exam to become an ASCP certified medical technologist. Where has the time gone? I can still remember my first night on campus, crying a little as my parents left. I can remember sitting in my room and watching TV because my roomie hadn't arrived on campus yet and I was too shy to go out and meet the people around me. I remember the culture shock that I felt coming from Bay City to the most diverse school in the state of Michigan. And I look back at who I was when I came here and who I am now and I'm amazed at the differences. I came here as the shy little smart girl and now I'm the girl that's grown and can handle just about anything. They say that coming to college defines who you are as a person and I believe it. Even my boss says she's amazed at the amount of pesonal growth that she's seen in me since I started this job last August. They say that time flies when you're having fun, and they're right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home