Sunday, July 06, 2003

Wow it was an interesting weekend.

Thursday: bought Reunion as soon as I got into town. Finished that on Friday night, family really does get in the way sometimes.

Friday: spent some quality time with my mom... cleaning out my room. And I do mean cleaning. I barely recognize it now. That took all day. I was totally dead afterwards.

Saturday: Got my haircut. It looks totally cute, I don't even have to comb my hair for it to look how it's supposed to. Then I went to Big Apple Baggles with my mom. I had the best Icespresso ever. It was Mocha with a shot of caramel and the guy that made it, put ice cream in it. It was heavenly. Then I went to WalMart with my mom and helped her pick out 2 goldfish for her fountain in the front yard. Good thing I went with her, or she wouldn't have got any plants to live in there. Then I just hung around the house and watched the original MASH movie. It had it's moments but I like the TV show better. Had some nice homecooked grilled food for dinner, it was great. Went to the mall with my mom and got some cool stuff for my scrapbook from a new store in the mall. Then we left for the fireworks. Took a while to get a parking spot, but hey, that's Bay City on the night of the final fireworks. Got to the park and had a spot on the hill. The fireworks were awesome. Makes me proud to be an American, we can blow stuff up just for the hell of it. So we thought we'd be smart after the fireworks and go over to the carnival first and get an elephant ear and then go back to the car, let the traffic clear out a little. Well that all worked, until we started travelling. All of the sudden there's a pop and smoke starts coming out from under the hood of my dad's car. We blew a radiator hose. So we had to walk home. We were 5 miles from home. I had flip flops on. It took us an hour and a half to walk home. It sucked.

Sunday: Got up. Felt like I'd walked 5 miles the night before, oh wait, I did. Went to church. Came home and did a few things but was kind of tired so I took a short nap since I had a 2 hour drive ahead of me. My uncle stopped by so I visited with him for a while then packed up and came back to school, leaving my checkbook on my desk at home in the process. Smart. I also have a driving sunburn. My right upper arm is burned, that's it, all from a 2 hour drive. Then I went to get food and got caught in a pouring rain.

What an interesting weekend. Oh yeah, and the weather was too crappy to go sailing. Bleh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home