Monday, June 23, 2003

Wow, am I lucky. I was plotting my control data for an albumin test today on a Levy-Jennings chart and thought a Westguard QC Rule had been violated, so I went through the Westguard flow chary and sure enough, it appeared that the 10X rule had been broken (10 consecutive values on one side of the mean). Damn. That means troubleshooting, and had it been in a real lab, my patient data wouldn't have been any good because I was the 10th value. However, when I started looking at the data with my instructor, 2 of the values were directly on the mean. Yes! That meant that I was still in control! No troubleshooting.

I'm really starting to get amazed on how much I can go on so little sleep. Last night's magic number was 4.5 hours. Yep, that's right, a whole four and a half hours. Then a full day of class. 8am-5:30pm. And I made it. Ok, so I looked a little dead in Clinical Chemistry this morning, but I stayed awake. It was just really tempting to stay in bed in the morning instead of getting up, but *shrugs* it has to be done. Besides, the sun is actually rising before 6am, and it shines right into my room. My alarm goes off in the morning and I don't really have that much of a choice. That's life.

And now for today's cute email of the day:

The Bible, in 50 words

God made
Adam bit
Noah arked
Abraham split
Joseph ruled
Jacob fooled
Bush talked
Moses balked
Pharaoh plagued
People walked
Sea divided
Tablets guided
Promise landed
Saul freaked
David peeked
Prophets warned
Jesus born

God walked
Love talked

Anger crucified
Hope died
Love rose
Spirit flamed
Word spread
God remained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home