Sunday, May 04, 2003

Only 12 more hours of duty. I can make it. Well let's see since Wednesday, I've been to bed before 3am once. What a weekend, I really felt like an underpaid babysitter this weekend. Even the campus police say that we don't get paid enough to put up with the stuff that we do. I so agree with that. I'll take a pay raise.

So I slept until 12:30 today, that was nice. I didn't even hear my suitemate take a shower this morning. Speaking of the shower, I cleaned the bathroom today. First time that I've really cleaned it in a while and I've learned to clean it more than twice a semester next year. That thing was scary. Ewww.

I went to church tonight and it was very inspirational. The subject just happened to be how God is there for you when things go bad. Yeah this weekend was bad alright and when I went to church it was the most at peace I'd been all weekend. Ever since I've stopped looking at going to church as a chore, my whole outlook has changed. I got this in my email today and it's amazing what kids think up:
GOD IS LIKE

A fifth grade teacher in a Christian school asked her class to look at TV commercials and see if they could use them in some way to communicate ideas
about God. Here are some of the results, God is like:

BAYER ASPIRIN
He works miracles.

FORD
He's got a better idea.

COKE
He's the real thing.

HALLMARK CARDS
He cares enough to send His very best.

TIDE
He gets the stains out that others leave behind.

GENERAL ELECTRIC
He brings good things to life.

SEARS
He has everything.

ALKA-SELTZER
Try him, you'll like Him.

SCOTCH TAPE
You can't see him, but you know He's there.

DELTA
He's ready when you are.

ALLSTATE
You're in good hands with Him.

VO-5 Hair Spray
He holds through all kinds of weather.

DIAL SOAP
Aren't you glad you have Him. Don't you wish everybody did.

the U.S. POST OFFICE
Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet nor ice will keep Him from His appointed destination.

I really liked that email.

So anyways, I have a psyc final at 8am. I haven't studied for it yet, but it can't hurt my grade because our prof drops our lowest test score so that's cool. Five and a half more days until the halls close. Almost there. I can make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home